Everyone wants to find a magical weight loss pill that will help them drop pounds quickly. The only problem – many of those “miracle” products don’t actually live up to their hype. However, there are some safe, natural ingredients that can be used to help boost weight loss. While they won’t do the work for you and they’re only part of a good weight loss program, they can help boost your efforts as you work hard to lose those extra pounds.
One natural supplement, garcinia cambogia, does offer some weight loss results, and there’s science to back up this claim. Here’s a closer look at garcinia cambogia, it’s benefits, and how it can be used as a part of your weight loss program.
What is Garcinia CambogiaGarcinia cambogia is a tropical fruit that’s often called Malabar tamarind, and it’s used as a weight-loss supplement. Sometimes called “nature’s fat burner,” this fruit grows in Southeast Asia. An extract that’s taken from the rind of this fruit is what’s used in garcinia cambogia supplements for weight loss. Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) is the active ingredient and it’s thought to help reduce appetite and boost fat-burning by blocking citrate lyase, an enzyme used by the body to make fat. It also works by raising levels of serotonin, a brain chemical that may curb appetite.
Weight Loss Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia cambogia is thought to work in several different ways to aid in weight loss, including:
- Reduces Appetite – Some studies in rodents have shown that garcinia cambogia can suppress appetite and keep you feeling full longer. When you feel full, you are less likely to overeat, which can help you cut your daily calorie intake, resulting in more weight loss.
- Boosts Metabolism – Some evidence also suggests that taking garcinia cambogia may boost metabolism, increasing fat metabolism within the body. Burning off fat is an important part of losing weight, and when you’re losing weight, you want to target fat instead of losing muscle mass or just water weight. Adding garcinia cambogia to your weight loss plan may help you burn more fat so you see the results you want.
- Higher Energy Levels – When you’re losing weight, major changes are taking place in your body, and some people deal with muscle weakness and fatigue when they begin taking off the extra pounds. Garcinia cambogia is known to help boost energy levels, which can help as you deal with fatigue caused by weight life. This extra energy can also fuel your workouts so you’re able to burn more calories to see improved results.
- Increased Endurance – A couple studies have shown that taking garcinia cambogia may also increase your endurance during exercise. One study using mice showed that mice had enhanced endurance when running with HCA, the active ingredient in garcinia cambogia.
- Reduces Stress Levels – Hydroxycitric acid, the main ingredient in garcinia cambogia may help regulate the cortisol levels within the body. Cortisol is a stress hormone, and by reducing stress hormones and keeping anxiety controlled, the supplement can help improve overall function of organs, improve overall health, and reduce oxidative stress within the body. We know that stress is tied to weight gain as well, and reducing stress can also increase weight loss results.
- Boosts Mood and Acts as an Antidepressant – Garcinia cambogia helps boost serotonin levels in the both, and serotonin is often known as the pleasure hormone. This make it effective at boosting mood and it may even act as an antidepressant. Stabilizing mood is key to weight loss, since many people overeat as a way to self-soothe and reduce their stress.
Along with its weight loss benefits, garcinia cambogia also offers other great health benefits. It’s known to help control levels of blood sugar, which can be beneficial to individuals who have diabetes or prediabetes. Studies also show that it can help lower levels of bad cholesterol and improve levels of good cholesterol, reducing the risk for stroke, heart attack, and atherosclerosis.
A Few Potential Side EffectsMost people that use garcinia cambogia experience no side effects, but in some cases some mild side effects like dry mouth, upset stomach, dizziness, and headache may occur. Of course, as with any medication or supplement, it’s important to talk to your doctor before trying it if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
Only One Part of a Good Weight Loss Plan
Although garcinia cambogia offers some great weight loss benefits, it’s important to realize that it’s not a magic weight loss supplement. It needs to be added to a healthy diet and a good workout plan if you want to enjoy the best results. Fit Tea is made with garcinia cambogia, but it also includes other ingredients that help detox the body and improve your weight loss efforts, such as ginger, HGCG, pomegranate, honey, organic rooibos, and more. Fit Coffee, Fit Shakes, and Fit Tea Fatburner, which contains probiotics and EGCG, all can be added to a good weight loss plan to help you enjoy the best results.